On September 30, 1879, First Baptist Church was organized with 16 charter members. A new single room structure was constructed at the present location for a total expense of $500. The building was completed in time for a revival in November.
The first Sunday school was organized in 1904 with 61 members. As the congregation grew it became necessary to build Sunday school rooms, which was accomplished in 1924. The groundbreaking for the present sanctuary was held on the morning of March 12, 1958. In April 1959, the first worship service was held in the new sanctuary.
The groundbreaking ceremony for the new family life center was held on March 28, 1993. The new building consists of a multipurpose complex, including office space, Sunday school classrooms, kitchen, and gym/fellowship center opened on December 5, 1993. This new addition added about 12,000 square feet to the older educational building which was then renovated to make it usable for future church growth.
Through the years God has truly blessed the members of First Baptist Church with excellent leadership, devoted members and a zeal for the Great Commission. We are thankful for all that He has accomplished through FBC. Yet, we are far more interested in what God has in store for the future. We encourage you to come and to be a part of that future, to get to know us and the Lord whom we serve, to be a part of the great work that God continues through the lives of those who call First Baptist home.